HqO is a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the commercial real estate industry by better connecting landlords to their building tenants. We help landlords enable tenant experiences that surprise and delight through software, provide them with data to drive decisions, and ultimately increase the value of their assets. At HqO, each and every person plays an important role in shaping the future of our company and the industry itself. Join us as we empower the real estate companies to provide incredible experiences and build a stronger community for their tenants.
We’re excited to grow our team and have lots of opportunities for career development, so if you’re passionate about what you do and want to work in a fun and growing industry, join us!
About the Role
HqO has momentum and is looking to add the right talent to our strong, skilled team. We’re a smart, mobile, early-stage company with an entrepreneurial culture and you can have a direct impact on the future of our business, starting now.
We engineer products for both consumers and enterprises that are equally critical to our value proposition. In addition, we are evolving our technology into a true global platform for integrating thousands of service providers to address the needs of this emerging space. It takes superior execution and problem-solving skills to make this work. This is where you come in.
As the successful candidate for this position, you focus on leading an engineering team by example. Reporting to a Director of Engineering, you will lead a consistent team of approximately 4 to 7 engineers to deliver on our roadmap by delivering incremental results via our agile team process. You will collaborate with Product Management daily ensuring cross-team transparency, communication, and effectiveness.
- Lead, motivate, and mentor local engineers and offshore contractors to maximize velocity, quality, and value to our customers.
- Lead your team(s) in solving challenging problems drawing on your years of technical expertise especially via tech planning and grooming of upcoming work.
- Own the tech (software and tech planning process), but you will not need to own direct report relationships or challenging behavioral issues. That responsibility falls on the Director in your group.
- Assist in release and deployment events, helping to ensure the best possible customer experience when the rubber meets the road.
- Work with delivery management to track objectives, dependencies, status, and results of your team while leading by example to facilitate aspects of our Agile/Scrum development process
- Intimately involved in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineers
- Giving feedback to squad members regularly with a focus on technical learning and growth
- Add to the spirit and culture that keeps our people happy, our team awesome, and HqO a great place to work.
- You have experience leading highly performant software development teams and being responsible for driving delivery and quality of that group’s results
- You are fully versed in Agile/Scrum development processes and principles and you’ve lived its life cycle from requirements through post-deployment
- Have stellar experience as a software engineer and still desire to be a Player-Coach.
- A level of mentorship expertise in Linux, GitHub, AWS, SQL, and preferably at least some of our tech stack which includes JS, Node.js, React.js, React Native, and TypeScript.
- You have worked with tools to the process of defining, building, delivering, and managing great software the better since you will play an important role in the continuous tuning of our processes
- You have equal passions for execution excellence and seeing your work have an impact; you strive to simplify and streamline
- You also understand the importance of building relationships within and beyond your team and are a champion in the recruiting process and identifying talent for your team
- At a minimum, you have a B.S. in Computer Science. We value formal education, but the right experience also goes a long way.