HqO is a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the commercial real estate industry by better connecting landlords to their building tenants. We help landlords enable tenant experiences that surprise and delight through software, provide them with data to drive decisions, and ultimately increase the value of their assets. At HqO, each and every person plays an important role in shaping the future of our company and the industry itself. Join us as we empower the real estate companies to provide incredible experiences and build a stronger community for their tenants.
We’re excited to grow our team and have lots of opportunities for career development, so if you’re passionate about what you do and want to work in a fun and growing industry, join us!
About the Role
HqO has momentum and is looking to add the right talent to our strong, skilled team. We’re a smart, mobile, early stage company with an entrepreneurial culture and you can have a direct impact on the future of our business, starting now.
We engineer products for both consumers and enterprises that are equally critical to our value proposition. In addition, we are evolving our technology into a true global platform for integrating thousands of service providers to address the needs of this emerging space. It takes superior execution and problem-solving skills to make this work. This is where you come in.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will be involved throughout the engineering and operation of the HqO product suite, executing on B2C and B2B roadmaps while scaling through our platform evolution. Reporting to a Director of Engineering, you will manage teams of engineers plus offshore contractors in close collaboration with Product Management ensuring cross-team transparency, communication, and effectiveness.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI, analytics, and data warehousing. Define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Help manage existing data resources and drive scalable data practices.
- Mentor and manage other engineers, instructing them on data science architecture and ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed.
- Lead your team in solving challenging problems drawing on your years of technical expertise.
- Assist in release and deployment events, helping to ensure the best possible customer experience when the rubber meets the road.
- Track objectives, dependencies, status, and results of your team while leading by example to facilitate aspects of our Agile/Scrum development process
- Intimately involved in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineers
- Giving feedback to team members regularly, working with Engineers on career development plans, and driving a regularly conducted employee review process
- 12+ years in data engineering and still desire to be a player-coach.
- Experience managing software development teams and is responsible for driving delivery.
- Fully versed in Agile/Scrum development processes and principles and you’ve lived its life cycle from requirements through post-deployment.
- Mentorship expertise in Linux, GitHub, AWS, SQL, and strong proficiency in Python as well as analytics databases (e.g., Snowflake or another columnar DB) and associated pipelines.
- Experience working with unstructured data and complex ELT processes; you should be able to tune streaming and batch processing applications to increase throughput.
- A passion for growing talent and have focused on team building, motivating, mentoring, goal setting, and career planning.
- A desire to build recruiting programs and the proactive attitude to be involved in our hiring processes
- Active engagement in projects, meetups, or other activities designed to maintain your skills.
- You have simplified and streamlined in a complex setting; your passions for execution excellence have made an impact.
- Experience working with IOT data.
- Experience with I18N/L10N as we are going global.
- Experience building software in commercial real estate