HqO is a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the commercial real estate industry by better connecting landlords to their building tenants. We help landlords enable tenant experiences that surprise and delight through software, provide them with data to drive decisions, and ultimately increase the value of their assets. At HqO, each and every person plays an important role in shaping the future of our company and the industry itself. Join us as we empower the real estate companies to provide incredible experiences and build a stronger community for their tenants.
We’re excited to grow our team and have lots of opportunities for career development, so if you’re passionate about what you do and want to work in a fun and growing industry, join us!
About the Role
HqO has momentum and is looking to add the right talent to our strong, skilled team. We’re a smart, mobile, early-stage company with an entrepreneurial culture and you can have a direct impact on the future of our business, starting now.
We engineer products for both consumers and enterprises that are equally critical to our value proposition. In addition, we are evolving our technology into a truly global platform for integrating thousands of service providers to address the needs of this emerging space. It takes superior technical and operational execution and problem-solving skills to make this work. This is where you come in.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will be deeply involved throughout the product infrastructure cycle from development through production. Working with an Engineering team that is rapidly growing toward and beyond 40 onshore and offshore staff, you will be a critical go-to person for knowledge, design, effectiveness, and optimization of a globally distributed AWS-based infrastructure.
- Own critical aspects of our technology operations in areas including Production, deployment process automation, monitoring, and security, especially as we expand into Europe and Asia.
- Ensure that as HqO continues its breakout growth, our technology platform can scale with the business in terms of technical performance as well as operationally and economically.
- Bring your creativity to bear by proposing innovative approaches, products, and emerging technologies (e.g., new or evolving AWS services) to ensure our technical excellence.
- Be a key member of the DevOps Guild that allows members of all of our scrum teams to learn from the experts and contribute ideas to all things DevOps.
- Add to the spirit and culture that keeps our people happy, our team awesome, and HqO a great place to work.
- You have substantial and demonstrable experience evolving and managing 24x7x365 production applications in the cloud.
- You are proficient in the common aspects and services of AWS instance types and economics, EC2 with auto-scaling, S3, ELB, RDS Aurora, ElastiCache, or their equivalents in Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Experience with analytics databases (e.g., Snowflake or another columnar DB) and associated data pipelines would also be greatly valued.
- You recognize the versatility of containerization and know the tradeoffs when choosing between the various orchestration and configuration management tools.
- In addition to deploying applications, you’ve deployed infrastructure using Terraform, Cloud Formation, or similar solutions. Experience with Kubernetes and related technologies like ArgoCD and Helm would also be greatly valued.
- You understand the importance of availability and delivering on our SLAs. Redundancy, fault tolerance, and high-availability are critical to any system you architect.
- You are someone who enjoys solving complex problems while contributing new ideas and techniques leading to continuous improvement for the team.
- You demonstrate meticulous attention to detail in all written and oral communications. You also understand the importance of building relationships within and beyond your team. Culture and integrity are critically important to us as they are to you.
- You aspire to great things and are willing to work to get there.